The 2013 edition of the international RC51 meeting of Sociocybernetics will be held from 24th to 28th June at Centro Cultural Universitario” of the Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán, Mexico.
The conference title is “The sociocybernetics of social systems and social networks”.
The event will be held in at the “Centro Cultural Universitario” of the Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán in Calle 60 No. 491-A x 57 Centro Histórico (City Centre), Mérida City, Yucatán (México).
The event provides an excellent opportunity to visit Mérida, Yucatan. Mérida offers a wonderful space to meet contemporary and ancient Mexican cultural expressions. Yucatán state has several prehispanic (Mayan), colonial and modern buildings, typical markets, museums and nature reserves. There will be some excursions organized for the end of the conference. Information about excursions will be provided at a later date.
You can find transport, services, hotel and tourist information in English at:
- Mérida City: http://www.merida.gob.mx/turismo/contenido/servicios_in/servicios.htm
- Yucatán Tourism Office: http://www.merida.gob.mx/turismo/index_in.htm
- Yucatán Travel:http://yucatan.travel/welcome-to-yucatan/
How to reach Mérida, Yucatán (México)
a) Flying to Cancun Airport
You might get a wider flight option and connections from different countries of Europe, US and other cities of Mexico.Notice that Cancun is 4 hours from Merida thus you might require go by car or coach (4 hours) or try a plane connection.
b) Flying to Mexico City Airport and then to Merida, Yucatán.
There are several flights each day with airlines such as Aeromexico. You can check the following search engines to find prices:
- Atrápalo. http://www.atrapalo.com/vuelos/mexico-df-merida_mex-mid.html
- Despegar http://www.despegar.com.mx/vuelos/mex/mid/vuelos-a-merida-desde-ciudad+de+mexico
- Expedia MX http://www.expedia.mx/Vuelos-Baratos-Merida.d6023536.Guia-de-vuelos
c) Flying to Merida, Yucatán.
Merida’s “Manuel Crescencio Rejon” International Airport has international flights from different parts of US and México. Remember to check also possible connections to make your travel easier. Possible options are:
- Interjet http://www.interjet.com.mx (Flying from México City)
- Aeroméxico http://www.aeromexico.com(Flying from México City)
- Mayair http://www.mayair.com.mx (From Villahermosa, Veracruz and Cancún)
- Viva Aerobus http://www.vivaaerobus.com (From Monterrey, Guadalajara and Mexico City)
- United Airlines http://www.continental.com (From Houston)
There are several accommodation options within Mérida and nearby the city Centre where the Conference will be organized that can fulfil your requirements. You can find competitive prices from 40 to 60 euro/dls in comfortable hotels or choose hotels with more facilities. We will provide a larger list of hotels for you. Please check the conference website to keep updated. Local organizers have arranged a Group Rate for RC51 2013 Conference registered participants with the following hotels:
Full program PDF download
Travel guide PDF download
Call for papers
Following our previous conference topics related to complexity, social action and complex social systems, the 12thRC51 2013 Conference will address “The sociocybernetics of social systems and social networks”, in fields of complex social phenomena such as education, management, economy, sustainability, new social media communication, scientific production, interdisciplinary research, social movements, migration, international relations and violence.
We therefore invite the submission of paper proposals that:
- report the empirical findings of research studies that apply sociocybernetics(both concepts and/or methodologies).
- address the methodological and ethical issues associated with the creation and maintenance of research networks and with the reflective, self-referential aspects of research in sociocybernetics.
- address theoretical and conceptual issues concerning how to effectively characterize social systems, social networks and the interactions of social actors.
Papers with a strong sociocybernetics orientation addressing other topics are also welcomed.
For more information please downolad the full call for papers and keep in mind the following deadlines:
- 15th March 2013: deadline for submission of abstracts
- 30th March 2013: notification of acceptance, with possible request for revisions
- 1st June 2013: deadline for submission of full papers
Abstracts should be submitted in English. Please submit an extended abstract of 750-1000 words (including references) for review purposes, together with a regular abstract of 200-300 words. The latter, will be published on the RC51 newsletter, included in the abstracts booklet made available to conference participants and published as part of the programme on RC51 website. The regular abstract only should include information about the author(s): names, affiliations, email addresses and three keywords.
Both abstracts should be sent to the Head of the Abstracts Committee, Patricia Almaguer Kalixto: (firstname.lastname@example.org), with copy to the Chair of the Local Organizing Committee, Margarita Maass: (email@example.com), and to the RC51 Secretary Czeslaw Mesjasz firstname.lastname@example.org
A form of publication for selected contribution is already planned. Best quality papers in full version and presented in the Conference will be considered for a special issue of the Journal of Applied Research and Technology (JART). Full papers should be no more than 25 pages in length including figures and tables. All submissions will be confidential disclosed only to the committee referees.
For specific questions you may directly contact the Chair of the Local Organizing Committee, Margarita Maass (email@example.com) and/or the Chair of the International Scientific Organizing Committee, Eva Buchinger (Eva.Buchinger@ait.ac.at).
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Margarita Maass firstname.lastname@example.org (Chair)
Carmen Castillo email@example.com
José Amozurrutia firstname.lastname@example.org
Patricia E. Almaguer-Kalixto email@example.com
Felipe Lara Rosano, Mexico firstname.lastname@example.org
Jesús Galindo email@example.com
Jorge A. González firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuel Meza Cuervo email@example.com
Juancho Barrón Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Patricia Almaguer-Kalixto, Mexico/Spain
Eva Buchinger, Austria (Chair)
Cor van Dijkum, Netherlands
Fabio Giglietto, Italy
Bernd Hornung, Germany
Diane Laflamme, Canada
Margarita Maass, Mexico
Chaime Marcuello, Spain
Michael Pateau, Germany
Felipe Lara Rosano, Mexico
Bernard Scott, United Kingdom
Karl-Heinz Simon, Germany